Term Life Insurance in the Greater Knoxville, TN area
What is Term Life Insurance?
Term life insurance guarantees payment of a stated death benefit if the covered person dies during a specified term. When the term ends, the policyholder can let the policy terminate, can renew it or can convert it to permanent coverage. There are benefits and draw backs to both term and whole life plans. There are also several different types of term life insurance plans, so it can be complicated to determine what kind of coverage you need to safeguard your loved ones. Chris Akers and The Akers Solution can help you assess your needs and select an affordable option that makes sense for you.
Understanding the different types of life insurance
Term life insurance offers:
- Guaranteed coverage for a specific amount of time or to cover specific financial obligations
- Affordability and payments guaranteed not to change
- An addition to a work-provided life insurance plan
- Short-term coverage for debts or other needs
- Provide for loss of income
- Offer protection to help pay off a mortgage or college loans
- Basic Term Life
- The policy is paid by your employer for a set period to provide your beneficiaries plenty financial support.
- Supplemental Term Life
- The policy is paid by you as the employee to allow you to purchase coverage as needed according to your situation in life.
- Dependent Term Life
- Provides coverage for your spouse, partner, or eligible children.
- Mortgage Term Life
- Provides funds to help pay a mortgage in the event of a premature death. The death benefit begins decreasing after 5 years of coverage, earning it the name “decreasing term” policy.
You can also get Child’s Life Insurance through your Term Life plan. Many find having life insurance for children is very beneficial because it locks in a child’s ability to qualify for more life insurance later. It also provides much needed savings and funding for expenses later down the road.
The key is getting the right term insurance for you and your family's unique needs.
Get professional assistance from an independent agent who cares. We’ll find you a personalized solution based on your needs and goals.